Autodesk Civil 3D software is a civil engineering design and documentation solution that supports Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflows on a variety of civil infrastructure project types, including roads and highways, land development, rail, airports, and water. Civil 3D helps civil infrastructure professionals improve project delivery, maintain more consistent data and processes, and respond faster to project changes. Additionally, users can help streamline time-consuming tasks such as intersections, roundabout and corridor design, parcel layout, pipes and grading with specific tools and customisable design standards.
Main features include:
• Task-based tools to manage GIS data and aggregate GIS data with design data.
• Create plans, profiles, and cross-sections for roads, land development, and other civil designs.
• Consistent project standards with drawings organised in a project-based structure.
• Access spatial data stored in files, databases and web services.
• Standard data schema, automated business workflows, and report templates for Electric North America, Electric Europe, Water, Wastewater, Gas industry.
• Intelligent civil objects that interact to create interconnected designs along with configurable styles that enable Civil 3D to automatically conform to nearly any graphical standards.
What's new in the Civil 3D 2019 release?
- Fixed vertical curves with low/high points
Civil 3D users can define a new type of fixed vertical curve in an alignment profile by specifying a high or low point, enabling them to start the profile design from a specific point. For example, if a road has a low point (such as for a box culvert) and that low point will control the design of the whole road, that point can be used to define a vertical curve. This feature allows users to develop the rest of a design from a known point and adhere to that design constraint throughout their design process.
- Rail cants supported in Subassembly Composer
Rail subassemblies created in Subassembly Composer now have the ability to read the cant that has been calculated on the alignment and then use the cant values to build a corridor that accurately reflects the calculated cant.
Multiple drawings and template files can be opened and saved to the latest versions of Civil 3D using the Autodesk Batch Save Utility. Custom scripts can also be included in the batch operation, such as a script for drawing cleanup that runs the PURGE and AUDIT commands on every drawing.
- Import InfraWorks roads as Civil 3D corridors
Component roads imported from InfraWorks will automatically become Civil 3D corridors of simple assemblies and subassemblies. This expands the interoperability between InfraWorks and Civil 3D and strengthens the connection of BIM processes on infrastructure projects.
The Shared Views tool provides a quick and simple way to share models and drawings in the cloud. Anyone can view and comment on the shared view by using a free Autodesk account, even if they do not have an Autodesk product installed.