We are Cyber Essentials certified. How does this benefit you?
Developed by the UK Government in June 2014, Cyber Essentials is an industry supported certification scheme and cyber security standard that organisations can be assessed and certified against. It certifies an organisation’s ICT defences as satisfactory against commodity based cyber attacks.
The UK Government states: "Cyber criminals don’t just attack banks and large companies - they target any organisation which isn’t properly protected, even small businesses - like yours".
Excitech are now a certified body of the Cyber Essentials scheme meaning that we are well placed to independently verify and assess your cyber security systems to ensure that they meet the requirements of the Cyber Essentials scheme. This includes implementing key controls that can prevent a large majority of cyber hacks and attacks.
Cyber Essentials is a government endorsed certification scheme, which allows your organisation to bid for government contracts. We've seen an exponential increase in organisations making Cyber Essentials mandatory for their supply chain, especially for government sectors such as the Ministry Of Defence (MOD) or the Nuclear Decommissioning authority (NDA).
Which controls does Cyber Essentials cover?
Call us today to discuss how we can help your business be proactive with your ICT and protect your future growth. Our team is available on 01992 807 444.
- Boundary firewalls and internet gateways – prevention of unauthorized access
- Secure configuration – ensures secure system configuration
- Access Control – ensures appropriate access to systems
- Malware protection – installation and maintenance of virus and malware protection
- Patch management – application of patches and ensuring the latest version of applications is used