What's New in Civil 3D 2020
An overview of the new features and updates in Civil 3D 2020
This blog outlines 4 new features and updates you will find in Civil 3D 2020:
- Ribbon: Updated colour and icons
The ribbon background colour has been updated to use the dark blue theme that is being introduced in most Autodesk products.
Ribbon icons have been updated to scale with high-resolution monitors and better communicate the purpose of each command.
The ExportC3DDrawing command has been overhauled to enable much more predictable results.
- New option to export feature lines as either 2D or 3D polylines
- Civil 3D object labels with background masks are no longer exported with a bowtie-shaped hatch
- XREFs are exploded appropriately on export
- ExportC3DDrawing command no longer causes Civil 3D to crash
- Proxy state messages are no longer displayed on export.
NOTE: These enhancements will be available in the Civil 3D 2018.3 Update.
- Survey Database and migration tool
The survey database format has been updated from Microsoft SQL Server Compact (SQL CE) format to SQLite. To use existing survey databases with Civil 3D Qi, they must be converted to SQLite.
A utility is available to convert survey databases from SQL CE to SQLite.
The wizard for the Analyse Network command has been replaced with a modeless dialog box. It now enables you to interact with the drawing and has the following enhancements:
- Three analysis types:
- Pipe Sizing
- EGL/HGL Performance
- Inlet Analysis
- A Network Details table of all elements to show and resolve issues before performing the analysis.
- Additional Outfall options:
- Hold outfall elevation
- Critical depth and Normal Depth tailwater conditions
- A Results table highlights how well the network performs
- Pipe velocity and cover
- EGL/HGL performance
- Inlet depth and spread
- The report opens after it is saved
Watch our video below to see these new features in action:
To learn more about Civil 3D, please visit our product page
or call us on 01992 807 444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org