If there is an Internet of Things destined to control the smart building it will be dependent on the asset information that building services specialists include in their digital models.
Sustainability and the environment are having huge effects on the way we design systems and make our buildings a comfortable place to work and live. Your role is no longer defined by laying out duct work, pipework and cable tray runs, ready to distribute power, water, steam, heating, and cooling into the building.
Your involvement in the virtual backbone of the building is redefining the skills you need and the systems and software you need to deliver them. Intelligent models require new levels of asset information and conformity to BREEAM assessments and the client’s defined requirements.
Excitech helps you link it all together
We have been involved with Building Information Modelling (BIM) for decades and were one of the pioneer exponents of its use in the development of Heathrow Terminal 5. We can guide you through the complexities of BIM and other similar influences impacting how you should operate and deliver.
One such example is Construction Operations Building Information Exchange (COBie), required on all government sponsored projects in conjunction with BIM Level 2. We will advise you on how, and what, data should be collected and handed over throughout the project delivery.
Excitech's Building Services Consulting Services
Quite often our Consultants will start engaging with a customer when something is not quite right within a project. However, we want to work with you before, during and after future projects, to ensure they begin from a position of strength and stays on track throughout.
To make sure that happens, we have established a range of Building Services Consulting services to support you in a number of ways.
Our services and support include:
We can guide you in areas such as:
- Wide range of consultancy services: We can help you understand the intricacies of areas such as BIM, compliance, and collaboration, helping you improve your business processes and identify growth opportunities.
- Design software and support: As an Autodesk Platinum Partner and accredited partner of the leading AEC software vendors, we can fulfil all your software needs. We also provide best of breed support to ensure you make appropriate use of the capabilities that software delivers.
- Training: We help you develop the professional competencies of your staff. Our industry-experienced, Autodesk Certified, skilled Application Specialists and Trainers bring many years’ experience of product and industry insights.
- IT infrastructure and systems: From sourcing, customising, configuring and installing, through to managed services, we will deliver the best IT solutions for your needs.
- Document management: We can evaluate how you manage your documents now and recommend the most failsafe way of doing so in the future; keeping all your information secure, accessible and, if applicable, BIM-compliant.
Explore our full range of Building Services Consulting Services HERE.
- Improved productivity
- Reduced requests for information
- Faster drawing production
- Better performing buildings
- Sustainability assessments
- Reduced risk
- Reduced clashes
- Easier design review
- Easier scheduling
- Accuracy of costing
- Model content creation
- Workflow and processes to other design tools
- Collaboration processes
- Co-ordination and clash reporting
Design Productivity Review
We offer a service that will maximise the returns on your software and people investment by creating new efficiencies. We call it the Design Productivity Review
. Contact your Account Manager today or call us on 01992 807 444
to find out more about this unique value added service. It could save you thousands £££ and help to streamline your business.