Territory: South & Wales
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Excitech has built a unique position as the UK leader in technology and services for the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industries. Our purpose is to provide solutions to the construction sector, supporting the complete project life cycle from the manufacture of building products through to design, construction, building handover and maintenance.
We partner with our customers to understand their needs, opportunities and plans so we can recommend and deliver solutions to help achieve their goals. Our services have been designed to support every aspect of an organisation working within the AEC industry and ranges from the supply of hardware through to consultancy and document management solutions.
We currently have an opportunity for a field based territory sales executive to join our UK Regions (UKR) sales team covering the northern region. The successful candidate should be ambitious, attracted by innovation, love to challenge themselves as well as customers, career minded and sales focused.
As part of the Excitech sales team you will work closely with the UKR Internal Sales Account Managers (ISAM’s) to grow and expand our Northern presence within both new and existing accounts. Whilst the main function of the ISAM team is to grow and nurture accounts so they are ready for TAE management, there will still be a requirement for prospecting and on-boarding of new customers. This role will have a focus on our Construction customers and require the selling of our entire portfolio of products and services, excluding software renewals.
- Profile the potential addressable opportunity within the account portfolio and prioritise those offering the greatest revenue return to Excitech in the short, medium & long term.
- Understand in depth, each customer’s true business objectives, challenges and issues and how Excitech services can address these objectives.
- Identify unique value for Excitech addressing the customer’s known and unknown requirements, focusing on deliverable, tangible business outcomes.
- Develop/hunt for opportunities through sales and marketing activities.
- Able to engage, maintain and develop relationships at both CxO and operational levels within any organisation, to fully appreciate and understand customer’s business challenges and objectives.
- Ability to network within a customer organisation to identify all key influencers and decision makers.
- Engage a virtual team to execute against defined opportunities (pre-sales technical and sales support).
- Collaborate with sales management and the ISAM’s to determine strategic approaches for sales
- Exhibits outstanding operational excellence - including monthly/quarterly forecasting, building healthy pipeline, CRM entry and hygiene, opportunity management and virtual team orchestration
- Meet and exceed individual Net Gross Profit targets
- Develop deep understanding of the Excitech value proposition and be able to present to customers and prospects in a highly effective manner - both at technical leadership and business executive level
- 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Structures and implements sales plans within the context of established strategy
- Experience selling solutions or professional services
- Interest in the IT/Tech Industry & Digital Selling
- Experience in successfully negotiating complex sales transactions, proactively taking up initiatives to develop incremental business pipeline and drive sales activity
- Understanding of customer’s decision making process, goals, objectives and strategies. Business and financial acumen
- Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, financial acumen, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience delivering persuasive PowerPoint presentations to business decision makers
- Self-starter, high energy, aggressive and results oriented
- In depth AEC industry knowledge
- Experience selling SaaS, IT
- Experience in enabling others in selling a product or solution
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics or a similar CRM solution
- Proficient: Experience with complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Challenger, Insight Selling, etc.) and sales methodologies