Senior Account Manager
Regional Sales Manager
Excitech has built a unique position as the UK leader in technology and services for the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industries. Our purpose is to provide solutions to the construction sector, supporting the complete project life cycle from the manufacture of building products through to design, construction, building handover and maintenance.
We partner with our customers to understand their needs, opportunities and plans so we can recommend and deliver solutions to help achieve their goals. Our services have been designed to support every aspect of an organisation working within the AEC industry and ranges from the supply of hardware through to consultancy and document management solutions.
We increased sales by 34% last financial year. This significant growth was underpinned by a change in business model, along with a change in sales approach and structure. Whilst this growth is significant, it has mainly been driven by expanding within existing customers. Our core customer base is in London and the South East and the Northern territory is seen has a great opportunity for us to expand our operations.
We currently have an opportunity for a field based Territory Account Executive to join our UK Regions (UKR) sales team covering the Scotland region. The successful candidate should be ambitious, attracted by innovation, love to challenge themselves as well as customers, career minded and sales focused.
Whilst most of this role is focused on existing accounts (approximately 80%) you will also be responsible for driving new business development opportunities. The Excitech Marketing engine and the Business Development team produce high quality, well qualified leads which need following up within 24 hours. The Territory Sales Executive will need to introduce Excitech, conduct high quality, high impact presentations as well as create structured, compelling proposals, outlining why a prospect should chose to partner with Excitech. Alongside the above it is also the responsibility of the field based territory sales executive to explore the potential within our customers connected partners and supply chain.
The sales management team put an emphasis on qualification and you will be responsible for understanding your customer’s problem, how they make decisions, the purchasing process and accurately forecast any potential deals along with creating well defined close plans. The successful applicant will be responsible for building a sales plan which outlines their approach to meeting their personal and business targets and executing against an agreed strategy.
Our business expansion goals in the UK-Regions are to drive sustainable financial growth though boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients in the AEC sector. Experience is desirable in this area but not essential as full training will be given to the successful applicant.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Achieve the territory Net Gross Profit (NGP) sales target through wider business unit penetration and the onboarding of new prospects
- Qualify every opportunity using REDCOAT qualification criteria and apply when forecasting
- Complete detailed account plans for all Tier 1 accounts and high-level account plans for all other managed accounts
- Assist with high severity requests and allocate tasks to the sales support team when necessary, issue escalations as needed
- To record all activities, customer interactions and customer data to a satisfactory level within the Excitech CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Complete a weekly report summarising changes to monthly forecast, key opportunities and plan for the week
- Follow up all leads within 24 hours and explore opportunities within the wider project team and connected companies
- Use company-wide resources to support field sales activity as appropriate, including Pre-Sales Consultants, Overlay Sales Specialists and the Excitech Sales Tool Kit
- Provide timely response to management requests for data and information
- Conduct effective negotiation of business between Excitech and its customers, subject to terms and conditions acceptable to Excitech, and represent the Company with a high level of professionalism. Presentations, “argumentation”, correspondence, proposals, quotations and the management of customer meetings should be maintained to a high standard
- Maintain a constant search for improvement opportunities, feeding back ideas, recommendations, issues and concerns which may be significant to the on-going success of Excitech’s Sales and Marketing activity
- Develop and maintain a high standard of product and market knowledge commensurate with the needs of the role
- The preferred candidate will have relevant experience of the construction industry, from a commercial perspective selling solutions rather than products to senior staff members
- An overall knowledge of the AEC industry. Experience of selling CAD, Document Management Solutions, Facilities Management and IT Services would be an advantage
- An understanding of Building Information Modelling (BIM) would be an advantage.
- Strategic thinker with proven consulting and interpersonal skills
- Proven sales experience with good questioning technique, listening skills and ability to win sales on more than price
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to sell at all decision-making levels
- Self-motivated team player that can exceed goals and revenue expectations
- Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus, productivity and meeting deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to new situations and to work effectively under pressure
- Typically educated to degree level, or equivalent