Regional Sales Manager
Excitech has built a unique position as the UK leader in technology and services for the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industries. Our purpose is to provide solutions to the construction sector, supporting the complete project life cycle from the manufacture of building products through to design, construction, building handover and maintenance.
We partner with our customers to understand their needs, opportunities and plans so we can recommend and deliver solutions to help achieve their goals. Our services have been designed to support every aspect of an organisation working within the AEC industry and ranges from the supply of hardware through to consultancy and document management solutions.
As Regional Sales Manager you will lead an Account Management team consisting of 7 sales people varying in experience and skill.
- Coach and mentor the team, helping them to think about things from a different angle, encourage creativity. Be challenging yet supportive, give regular positive and constructive feedback
- Support the sales team generate sales plans outlining how the allocated target will be achieved
- Support the sales team in putting together account plans that protect the existing revenue and underpin penetration and growth
- To lead top deal reviews, management of the sales process, creativity in deal progression, financial structuring, challenger selling and ensure personal involvement with key clients
- Support the team in creating compelling propositions that increase chances of winning deals, improve the close ratio and reduce the sales cycle.
- To attend 4+ client meetings and calls per week, helping, coaching and reviewing the team
- To identify, develop and retain talented individuals, ensuring a clear career path, personal development and progression. To communicate effectively with your team supporting the cadence model and ensure clarity of expectations, quickly manage underperformance, including utilising management processes to help individuals perform to the highest standards. To see 2+ candidates per week to maintain an active bench for growth and replacement
- To drive Operational Excellence and ensure system accuracy including CRM data entry, pipeline cleanliness and forecast accuracy to +/- 10%
- To continuously educate oneself to upskill, learn about leadership and ensure industry and competitive knowledge
- Strategic thinker with a record of accomplishment in developing and executing short, mid and long-range sales strategies to meet and exceed targets
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to attract, develop and retain a team of talented sales executives to execute growth
- Ability to constantly improve the effectiveness of the sales organisation, ensuring effective knowledge transfer, tools, methodologies and processes are in place to address issues impacting the team’s performance while developing strong processes and strategies to improve sales effectiveness
- Strong personal integrity and professional responsibility
- Leadership Characteristics
- Manages people well; evaluates and deploys team members appropriately
- Reads people accurately and can diagnose strengths, weaknesses, and potential while knowing what skills are required to fill a job or role
- Sets and communicates guiding goals, measures accomplishments and holds people accountable while giving useful feedback
- Demonstrates strong collaboration skills, using effective processes and interpersonal skills to influence others and get things done
- Communicates effectively; writes and presents effectively and adjusts to fit the audience and the message
- Delegates and develops, while keeping people informed and providing coaching
- Will have successfully led a high performing sales team (both new business and account management) and can illustrate a track record of success in delivering results
- Previous Sales Leadership of 5+ people
- 5+ Years in Software in Solution Sales Leadership positions, including SaaS / Subscription
- 5+ Years in Sales Management