Order Processing Assistant
Order Processing Manager
The primary role of the Order Processing Assistant is to facilitate the processing of customer and supplier orders, ensuring that all elements of the orders are processed accurately. There is also considerable scope to support other back-office teams, including the finance and sales support teams. This may include any number of tasks, from credit control to processing staff expenses.
This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious company experiencing significant growth, and the successful candidate will play an important role in the future growth of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
Logging Customer Orders
- Validate customer orders received from salespeople
- Check orders haven’t been logged already (check by customer & PO. no.)
- Contact customers to iron out any discrepancies
- Ensure payment terms are in place in internal system
- Process payment confirmations
- Ensure customer orders are received with appropriate commercial verification
- Ensure all information required to process the customer order is in place
- Manage Order Processing E-mail Inbox (move tasks, allocating queries to team members, ensuring that items are dealt with within good time.
Ensure that quotes that have been approved by the client holds all the relevant information such as:
Processing of orders
- product (description, part code, platform etc.)
- price and any delivery charges
- quantities of product required
- delivery address
- ensure all orders are authorised appropriately
- consider supporting documentation, additional forms, serial numbers etc.
- retain copies of purchase order and supporting documentation
General Weekly Priorities
- Ensure that all customer orders are moved through the system ASAP
- Ensure all pending files are chased up and the notes updated on the Sales Order System
- Ensure that files are not being delayed for long periods of time
- Keep account managers up to date with any issues surrounding the order.
- Liaise with Support, Training, CAFM, DMS & Professional Services departments to ensure that all approved files are returned to Order Processing.
- Keep Team Leader/Manager updated of any ‘problem orders’.
- Determine stock availability
- Ensure all purchase orders to suppliers are authorised appropriately and contain any supporting documentation, additional forms, serial numbers etc.
- Retain copies of purchase orders and supporting documentation in the relevant customer order file
- Update system notes as appropriate
Order Processing Team General Support
- Log orders within a target of 1 day
- Ensure department is always manned and phone is always answered
- Advise team/team leader/manager of any problems/issues that may affect you or the department
- Prioritise orders (ask when unsure)
- Keep ‘pending’ file to a minimum
- Monitor back-order report to ensure orders are being processed by suppliers
Goods In/Out Assistance
- Filing of Customer Order files where applicable
- Admin Support for Order Processing Team
- Liase with Suppliers
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Awareness of configuration of stores area & accessibility
- Taking delivery of, and dispatching, goods
Credentials & Experience:
- Keen to learn, enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good on telephone
- Ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Minimum of three GSCE’s or equivalent.
- No experience necessary – although working in a similar role would be an advantage
- Ability to be able to lift IT equipment and stationery items under the company’s Health and Safety guidance.