Business Unit Marketing Executive
We provide technology solutions and services for the construction sector, supporting the complete project life cycle from the manufacture of building products through to design and construction, building handover and maintenance. Our services include the provision of software, consultancy, training and support, and we offer a comprehensive range of IT, Document Management and Facilities Management solutions.
An opportunity now exists to join a dynamic marketing team as a Business Unit Marketing Executive. The main purpose of this role is to develop and co-ordinate effective marketing campaigns that support the growth ambition of our Autodesk line of business. In addition, the role may be required from time to time, to provide marketing support for other projects that sit outside this business unit.
The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter, able to plan and execute a variety of marketing programmes with minimal supervision. This role requires someone who is comfortable leading the development of marketing plans, but equally skilled at undertaking tasks such as coordinating event logistics, building emails and workflows in our marketing automation software, laying out brochures in InDesign, or interrogating data in our CRM system. It is essential that the successful candidate enjoys the execution elements of a marketing role as this will fill most of their time.
This is a very busy and collaborative marketing team, so a willingness to work outside the direct remit of this role is essential, helping others in the team deliver key projects. This is a fantastic role for someone looking to build their experience across the marketing communications mix.
The role is full-time and is office based in Enfield.
- Working in partnership with the Autodesk Product Manager, develop an annual marketing plan to support the business unit growth targets; reporting monthly on progress against targets including MQLs (marketing qualified leads) generated and business closed
- Understand and profile the business unit’s target market, ensuring appropriate suspect and customer data exists and remains up to date.
- Organise participation at tradeshows & conferences and organise Excitech’s own customer forums and events.
- Create and execute marketing programmes to raise brand awareness and generate leads utilising an appropriate mix of marketing tactics.
- Working with Excitech consultants, create thought leadership content such as product reviews, promoting that content through appropriate channels.
- Create sales toolkits that help the sales team position the business unit’s services and solutions, including presentations, case studies, cheat sheets and brochures.
- Ensure products are fully represented on excitech.co.uk. Ensure current news and updates appropriately promoted on the site.
- Engage with target audiences through social media to raise awareness of Excitech offerings.
- Engage with appropriate industry influencers such a Royal Institute of British Architects, leveraging promotional opportunities and sponsorships for Excitech.
- Establish relationships with appropriate media, ensuring our content is publicised.
- Engage with partners to leverage their marketing resources and secure co-funding for marketing activity.
- Ensure marketing plan is executed to budget, reporting monthly on campaign performance and ROI.
- Manage relationships with external marketing agencies
- Support a range of marketing activities as required that may or may not be associated with assigned business unit.
Knowledge & Experience:
- You will be outgoing, dedicated and passionate. You will be someone with some marketing experience under your belt and an ambition to become a marketing manager in the future.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a marketing department, ideally within a B2B or IT business.
- Proven experience managing the development and execution of successful marketing campaigns, including social media, email marketing and events
- Proven ability to write and edit copy for promotional materials. This is an essential skill. This role will be challenging for someone who is not comfortable in this area.
- Experience of using a range of CRM and marketing tools including: Microsoft Dynamics, Hootsuite, SalesFusion (or other marketing automation software), Adobe Suite (ie. InDesign), Content Management Systems (Kentico) etc.
- Experience of using and interpreting google analytics and using google adwords platforms.
- Understanding of the architecture, engineering and construction industry desirable but not essential.
- Educated to degree level in Marketing, Business Studies or related subject.
- CIM qualification desirable.
- Must be a self-starter, able to partner with product managers and sales teams to develop marketing programmes.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships and influence a range of stakeholders.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- A driving licence is essential for this role and a willingness to travel for events, conferences and off-site meetings with partners.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours when workload demands.