Business Unit Marketing Executive
We provide technology solutions and services for the construction sector, supporting the complete project life cycle from the manufacture of building products through to design and construction, building handover and maintenance. Our services include the provision of software, consultancy, training and support, and we offer a comprehensive range of IT, Document Management and Facilities Management solutions.
An opportunity now exists to join a dynamic marketing team as a Business Unit Marketing Executive. The principal purpose of this role is to develop and co-ordinate effective marketing campaigns that support the growth ambition of our Professional Services line of business. In addition, the role will provide general marketing support for other projects that may sit outside this business unit.
The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter, able to plan and execute a variety of marketing programmes with minimal supervision. This role requires someone who is comfortable leading the development of marketing strategies and plans, but equally skilled at undertaking tasks such as coordinating event logistics, building emails and workflows in our marketing automation software, laying out brochures in InDesign, or interrogating data in our CRM system. It is essential that the successful candidate enjoys the execution elements of a marketing role as this will fill most of their time.
This is a very busy and collaborative marketing team, so a willingness to work outside the direct remit of this role is essential, helping others in the team deliver key projects.
The role is full-time and is office based in Enfield.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Business Unit Marketing Support
General Marketing Support:
- Working in partnership with the Head of the Professional Services business unit, develop an annual marketing plan to support the business unit growth targets; reporting monthly on progress against targets including MQLs generated and business closed
- Understanding and profiling the business unit’s target market, ensuring appropriate suspect and customer data exists and remains up to date.
- Organise participation at tradeshows & conferences and organise Excitech’s own customer forums and events.
- Create and execute marketing programmes to raise brand awareness and generate leads utilising an appropriate mix of marketing tactics.
- Working with Excitech consultants, create thought leadership content that demonstrates Excitech’s opinions and expertise, promoting that content through appropriate channels.
- Create sales toolkits that help the sales team position the business unit’s services and solutions, including presentations, case studies, cheat sheets and brochures.
- Ensure business unit offerings are fully represented on excitech.co.uk. Ensure current news and updates appropriately promoted on the site.
- Engage with target audiences through social media to raise awareness of Excitech offerings.
- Engage with appropriate industry influencers, leveraging promotional opportunities and sponsorships for Excitech.
- Establish relationships with appropriate media, ensuring our content is publicised.
- Engage with partners to leverage their marketing resources and secure co-funding for marketing activity.
- Ensure marketing plan is executed to budget, reporting monthly on campaign performance and ROI.
- Manage relationships with external marketing agencies
- Website Management: take responsibility for ensuring corporate areas of the website are up-to-date and we have a consistent and regular news flow, conducting a weekly review of the website. Work with the Marketing Director on the evolution of our website and project manage any agreed initiatives.
- Collateral: ensure printed stocks of current collateral are easily accessible in the office
- Retain a stock of Excitech promotional merchandise to support tradeshows and events, and for customer giveaways
- Perform any ad hoc duties deemed appropriate by your manager
You will be outgoing, dedicated and passionate. You will be someone with some marketing experience under your belt and an ambition to become a marketing manager in the future.
Knowledge & Experience
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a marketing department, ideally within a B2B or IT business.
- As this business unit relies on a busy programme of events, strong organisational and event management skills are essential.
- Proven experience managing the development and execution of successful marketing campaigns, including social media and email marketing.
- Experience of using a range of CRM and marketing tools including: Microsoft Dynamics, Hootsuite, SalesFusion (or other marketing automation software), Adobe Suite (ie. InDesign), Content Management Systems (Kentico) etc.
- Experience of using and interpreting google analytics and using google adwords platforms.
- Proven ability to write and edit copy in a variety of styles for promotional materials.
- Understanding of the architecture, engineering and construction industry desirable but not essential.
- Educated to degree level in Marketing, Business Studies or related subject.
- CIM qualification desirable.
- Must be a self-starter, able to partner with business unit heads to develop marketing programmes.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships and influence a range of stakeholders.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- A driving licence is essential for this role and a willingness to travel for events, conferences and off-site meetings with partners.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours when workload demands