IT Support Engineer
Head of Support & Customer Success
About Excitech Support (Tier 1 Support)
The Excitech support team support and deliver services to over 1300 customers across CAD, IT, CAFM and DMS business units representing the largest customer-touch department within Excitech.
By transitioning to a Customer Success culture, Excitech support is focusing on customer outcomes and prevention in order to achieve a greater and more efficient throughput of customer engagements.
As we move into FY19 all customer entry points are to be consolidated into a single service desk (Tier 1) and managed centrally which will provide clear service benefits to the customer and efficiencies for Excitech.
This role is to primarily front-line IT Support to Excitech customers.
The role also includes telephone support, some system installation services and a range of associated administrative tasks including the provision of triage and incident management for other business units within the company.
As a primary touch-point for the majority of Excitech customers, the IT Support Engineer is a key element of the customer journey and is expected to adopt a customer success culture to drive adoption based on measurable outcomes.
The provision of remote technical support is a primary action but there will be occasions where the successful candidate is expected to work onsite in the delivery of application installation, configuration and provision of industry best practices.
Successful candidates will also be comfortable recommending and implementing process improvements within the business unit and have the confidence to provide constructive feedback to the management team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Diagnosis of customer faults received via our technical support helpdesk.
- Attempted resolution via telephone or by using remote connectivity and escalation to Tier 2 support when appropriate.
- Dispatch of parts to customers where appropriate.
- Logging support calls with appropriate third-parties where applicable.
- Updating our Helpdesk CRM system with support call progress.
- Monitoring client’s IT Network Infrastructure using Proactive Monitoring applications.
- Obtaining and arranging for delivery of appropriate parts to resolve customer computer faults.
- Visiting customer sites to reinstall applications or re-build and re-image workstations and servers.
- Visiting customer sites to replace, repair or collect faulty computer components or systems.
- Repair or arrange for faulty equipment returned to Excitech.
- Load or reload of customer operating system, networking software, utility software and application software as appropriate.
- Where applicable, maintain backup stock levels, organising the replenishment of stocks as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prepare and install new customer equipment ranging from workstations, servers, routers, firewalls and printers as required.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Project an attitude of professionalism, commitment and positivity at all times.
- Demonstrable basic understanding of computer fault diagnosis and component replacement
- Basic understanding of current operating and networking system technologies.
- Ability to do basic networking maintenance such as user and domain administration.
- Basic understanding of CAD and Data Management applications is a distinct advantage.
Experience, Education & Professional Memberships
- Client acknowledgement that solutions and technical advice has been satisfactorily delivered using individual CSAT and NPS benchmarking.
- On-target creation of Knowledge-Base collateral to help drive down support overhead targets.
- On-target creation of success stories that demonstrate the IT support engineer’s ability to prevent issues or increase technology adoption.
- CRM data quality compliance.
- Exceptional compliance with the Excitech Support Customer Experience policy which includes ownership, engagement, and communication competencies.
- Minimum of four GSCE’s or equivalent, one being English.
- Ideally a track record of customer facing roles.
- Previous employment within the same or closely related role is a distinct advantage.
- MCP, MCSE or MCSA qualification beneficial.
- UK travel may be required.
- Some out of hours work will be required on occasion.
- To work in accordance with company procedures and processes.
- Provide technical pre-sales support to the sales team by providing assistance and demonstrations of Excitech solutions where applicable.
No People Management is required, though the applicant must be able to work well on their own or within in a team.