Title: Financial Controller
Reports to: Finance & Operations Director
To provide support to the F&O Director across all areas of finance and the wider business functions, with direct ownership of the day-to-day operations and the monthly/quarterly reporting cycle of the department.
Management of the finance team consisting of a Credit Controller / Accounts Assistant, Sales Ledger Clerk / Team Leader and a Trainee Management Accountant (CIMA studier).
Duties & Responsibilities:
Managing and supporting a finance team of 3 on a day-to-day basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for all operational activities of the department, including hands-on involvement as and when required. This will specifically include:
Future growth & development:
- Working closely with the F&O Director, Business Unit Managers and key stakeholders across the business:
- To provide commercially focused analysis
- To challenge & make recommendations
- To providing operational input and support
- Providing support re; budgeting & forecasting and expense reviews.
- Continually reviewing systems and processes to identify weaknesses and risk, and to recommend and implement improvements.
- Production and review of monthly management accounts, providing supporting commentary based on thorough analysis.
- Ensuring other monthly and quarterly reporting deadlines of the department are met.
- Quarterly VAT returns, including EU transactions
- Processing the monthly payroll for 120+ staff including sales commissions
- Oversee and support Purchase ledger, including international payments (including holiday / sick cover)
- Work closely with Sales ledger and credit control to ensure appropriate credit limits are set for customers and debtor days are effectively managed.
Once up to speed with the company and their operations (say 9 – 12 months) this role will grow in responsibility and commercial / operational exposure, in areas such as:
- Business partnering with the senior stakeholders across the business.
- Provide insight into cost reviews, planning and sales modelling.
- Modelling sales data to provide insight as to variables (e.g. fx, product mix, discounting, promotions).
Further analysis to include:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Identifying future sales opportunities from developing a sound model based on customer purchases and potential complementary products and services.
- Input into the business planning process through the provision of meaningful insight into the historical performance of the business and potential areas for future growth and business opportunities.
Experience & Credentials:
- A qualified accountant with a high level of proficiency in double -entry book-keeping.
- Working knowledge of EU VAT, PAYE and CT.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, hard-working.
- A good communicator, both verbally and written. The ability to clearly communicate the results of analysis is essential.
- Advanced Excel is imperative, as is a good understanding of information systems in general.
- Qualified Accountant - ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent