Job Title: DMS Consultant
Reports to: Head of Document Management
Excitech is the UK’s largest supplier of Autodesk products to the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industries. We provide technology, solutions and services supporting the complete project lifecycle from design, through construction to building handover and maintenance. Our focus is on delivering value to our customers in terms of efficient processes, innovative solutions and evaluating where our clients need to be in the future.
Our services include consultancy, training and support and we offer a comprehensive range of IT, Document Management and Facilities Management Solutions.
The Purpose of Role:
The focus of the department is the development and configuration of document management systems (DMS) including its own product Excitech DOCS which is based on M-Files. Excitech DOCS provides additional tools and features required for architects and engineers including integrations with Autodesk’s Revit and AutoCAD.
Whilst much of the software is standardised and applicable to all customers, they inevitably want things changed and you will be required to capture their requirements and translate them into solutions. This is achieved through both configuration of the system and scripting with VBScript. The role includes the installation, configuration, testing, deployment and training on the systems for customers, you will also be required to provide technical support from time to time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Consulting on Excitech DOCS to deliver new systems and upgrades as described above
- Provision of 3rd-line technical support and escalated customer support requests logged by the support department
- Maintaining your knowledge of the DMS, CAD and BIM tools that Excitech offer to customers
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers, both verbally and in writing. You will be polite, willing to listen and courteous.
- You will have an open and friendly demeanour with both staff and customers and be able to maintain it when you are stressed or unable to help
- Able to express your views or disagreement and still be friends
- Organised and able to prioritise for the best outcome
- Responsible and professional attitude with a strong ownership of your work and attention to detail
- Reliable and consistent
- Proactive, outgoing and confident
- Ability to learn quickly and keen to learn
- Keen to help and quick to ask for help when needed
- You will need to be a good judge of how long tasks will take and will continually improve your estimating skills
- Experience of installing databases and other systems
- Database experience e.g. MS SQL, SQL Compact, SQLite
- Confident in use of MS Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with VMWare
- Experience in data migration and data processing
- Some experience of provisioning document management systems
- An understanding of AEC processes and terminology
- Experience AutoCAD/Revit/MicroStation
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Some UK travel and international may be required