CAD Applications Engineer
Head of Support & Customer Success
About Excitech Support (Tier 1)
The Excitech support team support and deliver services to over 1300 customers across CAD, IT, CAFM and DMS business units representing the largest customer-touch department within Excitech.
By transitioning to a Customer Success culture, Excitech Support is focusing on customer outcomes and prevention in order to achieve a greater and more efficient throughput of customer engagements.
As we move into FY19 all customer entry points are to be consolidated into a single service desk (Tier 1) and managed centrally which will provide clear service benefits to the customer and efficiencies for Excitech.
The CAD Applications Engineer is primarily responsible for the provision post-sales product support to Excitech customers and prospects.
The role calls for the ability to provide ‘core’ product and licensing support across a range of Autodesk Technologies and third-party products as well as a specific area of specialisation.
As a primary touch point for the majority of Excitech customers, the CAD Applications Engineer is a key element of the customer journey and is expected to adopt a customer success culture to drive adoption based on measurable outcomes.
The provision of remote technical support is a primary action but there will be occasions where the successful candidate is expected to work onsite in the delivery of application installation, configuration and provision of industry best practices.
Successful candidates will be comfortable recommending and implementing process improvements within the business unit and have the confidence to provide constructive feedback to the management team.
The provision of triage and incident management for other business units within the company is also expected as part of this Tier 1 support role.
Specific Technical Skills:
- An excellent communicator, both oral & written with good listening skills. Ultimately, the candidate must be able to deal effectively with client and stakeholder questions and queries.
- A logical thinker who can demonstrate good interpersonal skills and empathise with customers.
- Understanding of the use of Autodesk software within the Architectural, Infrastructure and Construction environment.
- Ability to maintain intermediate to expert knowledge of Autodesk technology, services and related third party applications.
- Ability to impart technical and product knowledge to colleagues, customers and customer prospects at an intermediate and a high level.
- The identification and creation of regular technical collateral to build the Excitech knowledge-base and help meet proactive support targets.
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies quickly.
- Provide technical pre-sales support to the sales team by providing assistance and demonstrations of Excitech solutions where applicable.
- Become an integral part of the Support Services team by:
- Assisting other team members by sharing specialist knowledge and contributing to case reviews.
- Providing briefings on known and avoidable issues.
- Projecting an attitude of professionalism, commitment and positivity at all times.
CAD Support Engineer Success Factors
- Expertise in most products & services within Autodesk AEC Collection.
- Basic knowledge of other Autodesk and 3rd party related applications will be of benefit.
- Specific and demonstrable Infrastructure OR Architectural/Construction expertise.
- Knowledge of BIM 360 Design will be a distinct advantage.
- Good understanding of Autodesk application installation, subscription and licensing environments.
- Good level of general IT knowledge, specifically Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office.
- Client acknowledgement that solutions and technical advice has been satisfactorily delivered using individual CSAT and NPS benchmarking.
Experience, Education & Professional Memberships
- On-target creation of Knowledge-Base collateral to help drive down support overhead targets.
- On-target creation of success stories that demonstrate the CAD support engineer’s ability to prevent issues or increase technology adoption.
- CRM data quality compliance.
- Exceptional compliance with the Excitech Support Customer Experience policy which includes ownership, engagement, and communication competencies.
- Minimum of four GSCE’s or equivalent, one being English.
- Ideally a track record of customer facing roles.
- Autodesk Certified Professional (ACP) in one or more product is a distinct advantage.
- Experience working in a similar role or working with Autodesk technologies within a relevant design environment is a distinct advantage.
- UK travel may be required.
- Car driver (must hold a valid and clean UK driving licence).
- Some out of hours work will be required on occasion.
- To work in accordance with company procedures and processes.
No People Management is required, though the applicant must be able to work well on their own or within in a team.