CAD Applications Engineer
Head of Support & Customer Success
The CAD Applications Engineer is primarily responsible for the provision post-sales product support to Excitech customers.
The role calls for the ability to provide ‘core’ product and licensing support across a range of Autodesk Technologies and third-party products as well as a specific area of specialisation.
As a primary touch point for the majority of Excitech customers, the CAD Applications Engineer is a key element of the customer journey and is expected to adopt a customer success culture to drive adoption based on measurable outcomes.
The provision of remote technical support is a primary action but there will be occasions where the successful candidate is expected to work onsite in the delivery of application installation, configuration and provision of industry best practices.
Specific Technical Skills:
- An excellent communicator, both oral & written with good listening skills. Ultimately, the candidate must be able to deal effectively with client and stakeholder questions and queries.
- Logical thinker who can demonstrate good interpersonal skills and empathise with customers.
- Understanding of the use of Autodesk software within the Architectural, Infrastructure and Construction environment.
- Ability to maintain intermediate to expert knowledge of Autodesk technology, services and related third party applications.
- Ability to impart technical and product knowledge to colleagues, customers and customer prospects at an intermediate and high level.
- The identification and creation of regular technical collateral to build the Excitech knowledgebase and help meet proactive support targets.
- Ability to learn and understand new software products quickly.
- Become an integral part of the Support Services team by:
- Assisting other team members by sharing specialist knowledge and contributing to case reviews.
- Providing briefings on known and avoidable issues.
- Projecting an attitude of professionalism, commitment and positivity at all times.
CAD Support Engineer Success Factors
- Expertise in most products & services within Autodesk AEC Collection.
- Basic knowledge of other Autodesk and 3rd party related applications will be of benefit.
- Specific and demonstrable Infrastructure OR Architectural/ Construction expertise.
- Intermediate or Expert knowledge of BIM 360 and Collaboration for Revit will be a distinct advantage.
- Good understanding of Autodesk application installation, subscription and licensing environments.
- Good level of general IT knowledge, specifically Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office.
Experience, Education & Professional Memberships
- Client acknowledgement that solutions and technical advice has been satisfactorily delivered using individual CSAT and NPS benchmarking.
- On-target creation of Knowledge Base collateral to help drive down support overhead targets.
- On-target creation of success stories that demonstrate the CAD support engineer’s ability to prevent issues or increase technology adoption.
- CRM data quality compliance.
- Exceptional compliance with the Excitech Support Customer Experience policy which includes ownership, engagement, and communication competencies.
- Minimum of four GSCE’s or equivalent, one being English.
- Ideally BSc Degree qualified or demonstrable relevant experience.
- Ideally a track record of customer facing roles.
- Ideally Autodesk Certified Professional (ACP) in one or more product.
- Experience working in a similar role or working with Autodesk technologies within a relevant design environment.
- UK travel may be required.
- Car driver (must hold a valid UK driving licence).
- Some out of hours will be required on occasion.
- To work in accordance with company procedures and processes.
- Provide technical pre-sales support to the sales team by providing assistance and demonstrations of Excitech solutions where applicable.
No People Management is required, though the applicant must be able to work well on their own or within in a team.