Architectural/BIM Application Specialist
Head of Support & Customer Success
Excitech are seeking an expert in Revit, BIM and associated technologies to support our Architectural clients in their adoption of BIM and Revit. Working in the Professional Services department as part of the delivery team, you will work with the Lead Architectural Consultant to deliver training, consultancy and support to the UKs leading Architects and AEC Companies.
This will be a fantastic opportunity to further your Autodesk and BIM skills and develop your reputation within the industry as a leader in technology adoption.
Although based at the Excitech head office in North London, the majority of work will take place in our central London training centre or at customer’s offices.
Revit, BIM and recent Architectural experience is essential, as is great communication and people skills.
Excitech, established in 1985, were one of the first Autodesk Partners in the UK. Today, 35 years later, Excitech continue to be UK’s leading Autodesk partner in the AEC industry, supporting over 3,000 customers each year and recently winning Autodesk’s annual number one Platinum growth partner in Northern Europe in 2017/18.
Supporting those customers is our primary aim, Excitech provide industry leading consultancy, certified training, software development, technology integration and solutions across the AEC and manufacturing industry’s plus selected other markets such as retail, banking and education.
Excitech were delivering BIM before BIM was recognised as a methodology. We had a team of consultants working on BAA’s Terminal 5 construction project, implementing common design and co-ordination standards, policing and managing data during the design stages of the project, and capturing data for management of the T5 assets. Many of the standards Excitech helped implement at Terminal 5 have gone on to inform the current ISO 19650 BIM standards adopted globally.
As BIM continues to be adopted throughout the AEC sector, Excitech remain at the forefront of BIM processes and technology and supporting our customers with their adoption and integration forms a large part of our service provision.
Our principal customer base spans Architects, Civil Engineers, Structural Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Main Contractors, Specialist sub-contractors, Facilities Managers, end clients and owner operators.
Our focus is creating customer value; we pride ourselves on our ability to understand a customer’s ultimate need and work closely with them to deliver value adding services that meet or exceed expectation. We are proud of the fact that many of our early customers remain customers today, with many of them having been with us for over 20 years. We don’t build ordinary relationships with our customers; we build partnerships that stand the test of time.
Excitech has a track record of developing close working partnerships with its people, many of whom have been with us for twenty plus years. Our goal is to ensure that staff are included in decisions that affect the direction of the company, can take ownership of their own responsibilities and feel valued and respected.
Excitech continually strives to develop its people, this is made possible through staff feedback forums, 1-1 meetings, strong line management and regular debate to improve career development, staff conditions and the environment in which we all work.
This role is primarily customer facing and involves the delivery of training courses, technical consultancy and support to our Architectural clients. The main focus of these services will be Revit and it’s use within a BIM environment, although associated programs such as AutoCAD, Navisworks and other non-Autodesk software will form part of the services.
Using your experience gained from working in Architecture, the Architectural BIM Specialist will seek to understand client’s requirements and successfully deliver the agreed services to meet the client’s needs. Some of these will be standardised services, such as new-user training courses, that are delivered on a regular basis.
This role would be supported by the Architectural Lead Consultant to help ensure any bespoke services defined meet client expectations and the quality expected by Excitech.
Supporting other areas of the business will also form part of the role. Tasks will include preparation of marketing materials and event support. Helping the sales team with technical support and presentations as the part of the sales process.
Keeping abreast of technical developments in the industry and taking ownership of key products in partnership with the Technical Manager is also expected.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To work in fully in accordance with company procedures, policies and processes.
Post Sales and technical delivery responsibilities:
- Delivering training courses, consultancy and support on nominated solutions to clients
- Detailing training course syllabus and content. Authoring training literature and schedules
- Taking responsibility for and solving technical problems
- Building and maintaining relationships with supplier product specialists
- Building and maintaining customer relationships through technical account management
- Installation, configuration and customisation
Pre-Sales and marketing responsibilities:
- Demonstrate proposed solutions and give product overviews whilst relating them to the customer’s business issues
- Carry out technical presentations to small and large groups of end users
- Produce technical material to support marketing activities
- Input into the Architectural elements of the company technical plan. Ongoing development and definition of packaged services and materials for delivery, presales and marketing
- Demonstrating knowledge and product expertise to customers through proactive activities such as blog articles and generation of technical documents and white papers
Experience & credentials:
- Expert knowledge of Autodesk Revit and associated technologies, (AutoCAD, Navisworks, etc.). Keen interest in learning new technology
- Ability to deliver training courses and presentations to large groups. Demonstrable experience in this is essential as this will be one of the primary responsibilities of the role
- Good knowledge of BIM processes and standards (ISO 19650)
- Must be an excellent communicator, both oral & written. Good presentation skills are essential with an ability to convey complex technical processes. Must also have good listening skills and be able to deal effectively with client questions
- Able to work within a team and assist other team members by sharing specialist knowledge and contributing advice
- To meet or exceed the expectations of our clients and project an attitude of professionalism, commitment and positivity at all times
- Highly organised and able to accept responsibility for own time
- To have commercial awareness
- Minimum 5 years working in a similar role, or experience working with the nominated applications within an Architectural design environment
- Ideally Architecturally qualified (Architectural Technician, Part 3 or Architect)
- Must have a good understanding of design workflows, i.e. Project Stages (RIBA POW), stage deliverables, typical workflows
- Ideally BSc Degree (desirable but not essential)
- Minimum GCSE Maths and English (A-C Pass, or 9-4 Pass)
- This role will involve out of hours work, frequent travel and overnight stays throughout the UK.
- Ideally, to live within commuting distance of Central London.
- Happy to travel and work unaided.
- A driving licence is required.