Training Delivery Manager
The Application Specialist is responsible for the provision of specialist CAD training for our clients, either at one of our training centres, or at our customer sites throughout the UK. Other duties include some pre and post-sales client support, marketing support and consultancy services as appropriate to the role.
- Deliver training courses and similar related services on nominated solutions to Excitech clients. This will range from standard courses through to customised workshop sessions and will be delivered throughout the UK.
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of current nominated products and their application within the industry. Evaluate and present feedback on new or additional solutions that relate to nominated application areas. Suggest improvements and additions to our range of technical services in relation nominated application areas.
- Provide technical pre-sales support to the sales team. This includes assistance to our own sales team as well as advice to clients via email or telephone, remote presentations or on-site presentations.
- Contribute to the development of technical material for our marketing teams. This will range from direct advice, creation of technical collateral or presentation at marketing events.
- Conduct assessments of client skills either via group assessment sessions or via bespoke skills assessment programmes, where the application specialist will also be expected to make recommendations as to any additional training or service offerings that might be appropriate.
- Provide occasional third-line technical support resource for our technical support services.
- Identify potential opportunities within client organisations and discuss these with the relevant Consultant/Account Manager.
- Always promote the value of Excitech's extended technical services during client engagements.
- Assist in the preparation of datasets and related technical documentation for nominated applications. This could range from marketing, technical or training related materials such as course syllabuses.
- To work in accordance with company procedures and processes.
- Any other related duties as required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- To maintain a detailed working knowledge of specialist software applications and show a willingness to learn new applications
- To meet or exceed the expectations of our clients
- To communicate any perceived problems and assist in the proposition of possible solutions
- To work as an integral part of the Professional Services team
- Able to work within a team and assist other team members by sharing specialist knowledge and contributing advice
- To project an attitude of professionalism, commitment and positivity at all times.
- Highly organised and able to accept responsibility for own time
- To have commercial awareness
Experience & credentials:
- Must be computer literate and have a good understanding of MS Windows and MS office.
- Must have an excellent understanding of nominated applications.
- This role will be focussed on the provision of technical skills for a range of Autodesk products, with the primary requirement based around AutoCAD, Revit Architecture and Revit MEP. The ideal candidate should ideally have an understanding of this product(s) or related product/industry.
- Must be an excellent communicator, both oral & written. Good presentation skills are essential with an ability to convey complex technical processes. Must also have good listening skills and be able to deal effectively with client questions.
- Minimum 2 years working in a similar role, or experience working with the nominated applications within a related design environment.
- Ideally BSc Degree (not essential)
- Minimum GCSE Maths and English (A-C Pass)
- This role will involve out of hours work, frequent travel and overnight stays throughout the UK.
- Driving Licence required.