3rd Party Technology Manager
Head of Portfolio Management
We provide technology solutions and services for the construction sector, supporting the complete project life cycle from the manufacture of building products through to design and construction, building handover and maintenance. Our services include the provision of software, consultancy, training and support, and we offer a comprehensive range of IT, Document Management and Facilities Management solutions.
This exciting opportunity is for an outgoing enthusiastic individual to work at the core of our business as the 3rd Party Technology Manager. This individual will influence the direction and success of our market leading technology portfolio and services by owning the end to end go to market strategy. As the ideal candidate you will have great interpersonal skills needed to continue to nurture existing relationships whilst leveraging your natural passion for technology and innovation to forge new relationships with potential partners. You will be inspired to onboard the best innovative solutions that help customers solve todays challenges and support them achieving future aspirations, and work across the business and directly with customers to achieve these outcomes.
Delivering an exceptional customer experience will come naturally to you. This will prove advantageous as you look to manage and expand the penetration of the current 3rd party portfolio, and identify new technologies and services, that best serve existing customer’s needs whilst attracting new customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- Manage our 3rd party technology portfolio from partners such as Ideate, ClearEdge, Trimble, etc (and future ones as identified) ensuring the business can market, quote, sell, deliver and support these solutions.
- Build and manage solid go to market plans for new products, adjusting and expanding as necessary to ensure associated targets, goals and objectives are achieved.
- Manage vendor contracts (with the support of your Manager), including business plans, price list changes, promos, contacts, etc.
- Build and validate propositions for each portfolio offering, including service wrap where appropriate, by engaging directly with customers to gain needs analysis insights, revenue recovery metrics and outcome value, to assure relevance and market acceptance.
- Work with Excitech technical teams in the assessment of new technologies, using theirs’ and the vendor’s expertise to develop required collateral for sales and marketing.
- Build and maintain the 3rd Party portfolio collateral on the companies eLearning platform; developing role-based learning paths to ensure appropriate teams have access to support managed, or self-serve, skills development.
- Provide direct and indirect sales support to the sales team to ensure they understand new propositions and can execute them with the goal of being able to sell independently.
- Attending customer meetings with a sales member or independently and engaging at all management levels will be a necessary part of the role as you look to deliver against your plan.
- Owning and managing the 3rd Party Technology pipeline will be a key factor in the assuring the performance and success of your portfolio.
- Provide direct or indirect support to the technical teams to ensure they understand new propositions and can deliver appropriate services including support, demonstrations, deployment, training, consultancy, customisation. This role is central to ensure our technical teams get up to speed and can independently support new products to assure effective customer adoption.
- Manage the 3rd part product assets to maximise value to customers and ensure high subscription renewal retention across the relevant customer base; ensuring we achieve renewal targets. Providing performance analysis to the business including reasons for lost assets as well as improvement and growth opportunities.
- Build a joint business and Marketing plans with each vendor, agreeing revenue targets and go to market approaches (ie. how we will sell and market the solution).
- Develop thought leadership content for supported social streams and publications to raise general awareness and build an engaged community around each portfolio.
- Working with assigned Marketing Manager and Vendor, put together marketing plans to raise awareness and generate leads, provide leadership around target market and key messages to communicate.
- Create and maintain mutually advantageous relationships with portfolio vendors, gaining support, sponsorship and commitment to accelerate market penetration
- Recommend new products and services, raising the appropriate business case to justify the investment.
- Work across BU’s where appropriate to identify opportunities for blended propositions, new markets, growth in existing, internal process automation, and general best practices.
- Either educated to degree level within a business or technical field or have proven experience within software sales and/or product management
- Significant experience in either a sales or business development role, with proven experience driving growth
- Awareness of the technologies and workflows that underpin the AEC industry
- Commercially savvy
- Excellent relationship skills and ability to work with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel (Pivot tables) and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Power BI / data analytics would prove advantageous
Must be willing to travel to meetings with vendors, customers, and occasional overseas travel to partner conferences, hence a valid UK driving licence and passport is a must.
This is an office-based role with the possibility of flexible working. Remote working will be considered for the right candidate.