Best practice frameworks
Excitech Process Improvement Consultancy offers an end-to-end exploration of your processes to make sure there is nothing that could slow your business down, or restrain its productivity.
Underpinning operational excellence
Such issues often arise simply because everything appears to function as well as it needs to. Our job is to help you get everything going as good as it possibly can. This is what enables your business to achieve more, this detailed look at the process chain that underpins how you work.
Whatever the nature of your core business, creativity, innovation, and invention all need process to guide them. The processes range across the backbone of how things tick over; how things get done, to areas such as document and data management, information management, and BIM execution.
The rolling success cycle
Process does not stand alone as a bolt-on to the business. It is integral to the ability any business has to function at peak performance all the time.
Excitech helps you identify and optimise the essential link between people, process and technology that provides the unique value your business delivers to customers.
Optimising BIM capabilities
Building Information Modelling (BIM), Collaboration, and Data Management are textbook examples of the need to link people, process and technology to achieve successful outcomes.
Excitech can help you shape your processes to meet the BIM challenge and incorporate the increasingly specified BIM frameworks into your own process
Meeting customer demands
BIM is bringing new levels of collaboration between AEC companies and customers. If you respond to the framework established through current BIM publications, you will be operating in the standardised fashion regarding the creation and sharing of digital assets, that customers increasingly expect. This will help you continue the rolling success cycle.
BIM Frameworks driving internal processes
- Collaborative production of architectural, engineering and construction information – Code of practice (BS1192-2:2007 + A2 2016).
- Specification for the capital /delivery phases of a construction project using building information modelling. (PAS1192-2:2013).
- Specification for the operation phases of an asset using building information modelling. (PAS1192-3:2014).
- Collaborative production of information, COBie (BS1192-4:2014).
- Specification for the security-minded approach to building information modelling (PAS1192-5:2015).
The four-step process
- Step one: Excitech helps you to identify your vision.
This is the start point in all our consultancy engagements: to work with you to develop a clear picture of where you see your business going, and what your objectives are.
- Step two: The Gap Analysis.
We’ll then analyse where the possible shortfalls exist between your business aspirations and the composition of your ‘rolling success cycle’: the three essential links within the business.
- Step three: Identify the changes required.
Excitech will then propose the improvements you can make to drive your vision; process improvements, how new pieces of technology will fit into your business, product recommendations, and people skills recommendations.
- Step four: Action plan and timeline
…and then we’ll help you get there.