Title: Technical Consultant
Reports to: Managing Director
Excitech is the UK’s leading supplier of Autodesk products and also the developer of Excitech FM a space management solution. Excitech FM works in conjunction with AutoCAD and Revit to manage office space within a variety of client’s property portfolios. With an expanding client base Excitech are looking for an additional application engineer to assist with implementation, training and support of customer deployments of the system. Successful applicants should be self-motivating, hands-on and willing to travel to client’s sites, potentially overseas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
To provide pre-sales support including.-
- Assisting account managers in the scoping of customer requirements and to assist in the generation of related sales proposals.
- To provide pre-sales and post-sales technical consultancy as required.
- Analyse user requirements and create functional design specifications.
Assist with system implementation and deployment including.-
- Customising the deployed Excitech FM solution to meet the client’s specific requirements.
- Help write and optimise SQL statements
- Assisting with client’s data migration.
- Assisting with conversion of client’s existing AutoCAD drawings.
- Preparation of system configuration and functional requirement documents.
Provide clients with training and support including.-
- Providing Excitech FM product training to clients online, at one of Excitech’s training facilities or at the client’s site.
- Lead testing to ensure the solution performs as designed.
- Providing on-going technical support of the product to clients, including updating call logging system.
- Assisting with break-fix updates and re-configuration of live systems.
Working with the product development team to.-
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Provide valued client feedback on the product.
- Helping to formulate the product’s development roadmap.
- Develop new features to enhance the product.
- Research industry standards and trends
Essential skills / knowledge.-
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- Good understanding of MS-SQL (ability to create or modify SQL statements).
- Willingness to travel both inside the UK and overseas.
- Good understanding of relational database principals and data analysis.
Successful candidates will benefit from also having.-
- Experience in leading group presentations including end user training classes.
- Good understanding or experience of CAFM specifically in the space management arena.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Ability to manage projects and effectively execute project specific deliverables.
- Ability to work confidently in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to impart product knowledge to colleagues and customers at both a basic and a high level.
- Good time management and the ability to work well under pressure is also essential.
- Experience of implementation and deployment of software solutions and products.
- Proficiency in the use of Revit would be of benefit but not essential (Revit training can be provided.)
Full UK driving license required