Sales Executive, MFG
Territory: UK wide
Manufacturing Business Manager
Excitech has built a unique position as the UK leader in technology and services for the Design, Build and Manage industries, through our experience and expertise to support projects, organisations and supply chains from project inception to completion and beyond. Our Autodesk Platinum Partner designation indicates a significant investment in consulting and development services. To achieve this accreditation, we have demonstrated an ability to deliver the highest level of solution expertise, service, support and customer satisfaction.
As part of the Excitech sales team you will be responsible for understanding customer challenges within building product manufacturers, developing solutions and providing valuable insights to ultimately win new business. Through strategic, business conversations and thorough account planning, you’ll establish how Excitech can aid our manufacturing customers in meeting their business goals and objectives whilst focusing on selling relevant additional Excitech services and solutions.
Our Manufacturing team primarily operate throughout the UK supporting a number of key industries within the building products space and also support construction supply chains. Experience is desirable in this area but not essential as full training will be given to the successful applicant.
The sales management team put an emphasis on qualification and you will be responsible for understanding your customer’s problem, how they make decisions and the purchasing process. It is important that any candidate can apply this understanding and accurately forecast any opportunities along with creating well defined close plans.
Whilst most of this role is focused on new business (approximately 80%) you will also be responsible for some existing accounts. The Excitech Marketing engine produces quality, well qualified leads which need following up within 24 hours. The Manufacturing Sales Executive will need to introduce Excitech, conduct high quality and impactful presentations and articulate the value proposition through well structured, compelling proposals, outlining why a prospect should choose to partner with Excitech. Alongside the above it is also the responsibility of the Manufacturing Sales Executive to explore the potential within our customers connected partners and supply chain.
Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Achieve the allocated Manufacturing Net Gross Profit (NGP) sales target through wider business unit penetration and the onboarding of new prospects
- Qualify every opportunity using REDCOAT qualification criteria and apply when forecasting
- Complete detailed account plans for all Tier 1 accounts and high-level account plans for all other managed accounts
- Assist with high severity requests and allocate tasks to the sales support team when necessary, issue escalations as needed
- To record all activities, customer interactions and customer data to a satisfactory level within the Excitech CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Complete a weekly report summarising changes to monthly forecast, key opportunities and plan for the week
- Follow up all leads within 24 hours and explore opportunities within the wider project team and connected companies
- Use company-wide resources to support field sales activity as appropriate, including Pre-Sales Consultants and the Excitech Sales Tool Kit
- Provide timely response to management requests for data and information
- Conduct effective negotiation of business between Excitech and its customers, subject to terms and conditions acceptable to Excitech, and represent the Company with a high level of professionalism. Presentations, “argumentation”, correspondence, proposals, quotations and the management of customer meetings should be maintained to a high standard
- Maintain a constant search for improvement opportunities, feeding back ideas, recommendations, issues and concerns which may be significant to the on-going success of Excitech’s Sales and Marketing activity
- Develop and maintain a high standard of product and market knowledge commensurate with the needs of the role
What Excitech will offer
- The preferred candidate will have relevant experience of the Manufacturing and Construction industry due to the company focus on Building Product Manufacturers
- An overall knowledge of the AEC/MFG industry. Experience of selling CAD, Document Management Solutions, Consultancy and IT Services would be an advantage
- A thorough understanding of Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Critical thinker with proven consulting and interpersonal skills
- Proven sales experience with good questioning technique, listening skills and ability to win sales on more than price
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to sell at all decision-making levels
- Self-motivated team player that can exceed goals and revenue expectations
- Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus, productivity and meeting deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to new situations and to work effectively under pressure
- Ideally educated to degree level, but not essential
- Competitive salary, commission + bonus, generous car allowance, holidays
This role can be office/home based (our office is in Enfield, North London) but the successful candidate will be required to commute around the UK visiting our MFG clients.