IT Solutions Account Manager
Head of IT Solutions
Excitech has built a unique position as the UK leader in technology and services for the Design, Build and Manage industries, through our experience and expertise to support projects, organisations and supply chains from project inception to completion and beyond. Our
Autodesk Platinum Partner designation indicates a significant investment in consulting and development services. To achieve this accreditation, we have demonstrated an ability to deliver the highest level of solution expertise, service, support and customer satisfaction.
Excitech have an aspiration to grow to £51m by 2020. One particular area of growth is our IT Solutions business unit which currently has a turnover over of circa £3.2m. Although the client base of Excitech is circa 3000, currently the business unit has only a 12% penetration providing IT Solutions to them.
Our core customer base is in London and the South East and the Northern territory is seen has a great opportunity for us to expand our operations. To push this growth, we have recently opened a Leeds office and training facility.
As part of the Excitech sales team you will be responsible for generating prospects from within the current crm system, creating opportunities and developing relationships. Through business conversations and thorough planning, you’ll establish how Excitech can aid our prospects in meeting their business goals and objectives whilst focusing on selling the full Excitech IT Solutions proposition.
The role is solely focused on new business but you will also be responsible for some existing accounts where the current account managers have failed to engage in discussions around IT.
The Excitech Marketing engine and the IT Solutions Business Development team produce high quality, well qualified leads. The IT Solutions Account Manager will need to introduce Excitech IT Solutions, conduct high quality, high impact presentations as well as create structured, compelling proposals, outlining why a prospect should chose to partner with Excitech.
Alongside the above it is also the responsibility of the IT Solutions Account Manager to explore the potential within our customers connected partners and supply chain.
The sales management team put an emphasis on qualification and you will be responsible for understanding your customer’s problem, how they make decisions, the purchasing process and accurately forecast any potential deals along with creating well defined close plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Alongside the current IT Solutions Business Development, complete detailed account plans for all prospects identified.
- Achieve the IT Solutions Net Gross Profit (NGP) sales target through wider business unit penetration and the onboarding of new prospects
- Qualify every opportunity using REDCOAT qualification criteria and apply when forecasting
- Assist with high severity requests and allocate tasks to the IT Solutions support team when necessary, issue escalations as needed
- To record all activities, customer interactions and customer data to a satisfactory level within the Excitech CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Complete a weekly report summarising changes to monthly forecast, key opportunities and plan for the week
- Follow up all leads within 24 hours and explore opportunities within the wider project team and connected companies
- Use the current IT Solutions resources to support field sales activity as appropriate, including Pre-Sales Consultants and the Excitech Sales Tool Kit
- Provide timely response to management requests for data and information
- Conduct effective negotiation of business between Excitech and its customers, subject to terms and conditions acceptable to Excitech, and represent the Company with a high level of professionalism. Presentations, “argumentation”, correspondence, proposals, quotations and the management of customer meetings should be maintained to a high standard
- Maintain a constant search for improvement opportunities, feeding back ideas, recommendations, issues and concerns which may be significant to the on-going success of Excitech’s Sales and Marketing activity
- Develop and maintain a high standard of product and market knowledge commensurate with the needs of the role
What Excitech will offer
- The preferred candidate will have relevant experience of the IT industry, from a commercial perspective selling solutions rather than products to senior staff members
- The preferred candidate will have relevant experience of current technologies, selling managed service options and have a good understanding of IT estate.
- Knowledge of the AEC industry. Experience of selling CAD, Document Management Solutions, Facilities Management would be an advantage
- Strategic thinker with proven consulting and interpersonal skills
- Proven sales experience with good questioning technique, listening skills and ability to win sales on more than price
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to sell at all decision-making levels
- Self-motivated team player that can exceed goals and revenue expectations
- Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus, productivity and meeting deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to new situations and to work effectively under pressure
- Ideally educated to degree leve, but not essential
- Competitive salary, commission + bonus, generous car allowance, holidays
This role is office based in Enfield, North London but the successful candidate will be required to commute around the UK visiting our clients.