Head of Portfolio Management
We provide technology solutions and services for the construction sector, supporting the complete project life cycle from the manufacture of building products through to design and construction, building handover and maintenance. Our services include the provision of software, consultancy, training and support, and we offer a comprehensive range of IT, Document Management and Facilities Management solutions.
The purpose of this role is to lead the strategic development and management of the overall Excitech product portfolio, ensuring it is competitive, market leading, commercially successful and, in conjunction with the professional services team, ensure it is successfully adopted by customers and delivers expected outcomes.
Managing a team of two Portfolio Specialists, this role requires both strong technical leadership and excellent commercial management skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- Research, identify and evaluate current and future market opportunities for Excitech products and services, architecting the overall portfolio mix ensuring it is market leading and meets customers’ needs and expected outcomes.
- Evaluate and recommend new products and services for market, building the appropriate business case for analysis and approval.
- Own the new product introduction process. Ensure the process is robust, fit for purpose meaning the business can market, quote, sell, deliver, train on and support new products. Work across the business to ensure all products and services can be successfully delivered to market and adopted by customers.
- Work with sales, providing or facilitating the necessary product information, up-to-date high quality collateral library and capability for successful introduction and adoption of the portfolio.
- Work with marketing and Business Units in the initial development of collateral, campaigns and customer communication.
- Manage the overall commercial viability of the portfolio, ensuring product and service targets are met, and unprofitable items are either “sunsetted” or have a clear strategic relevance.
- Fulfil the role of Chief Technology Officer providing and co-ordinating technical thought leadership around the future of technology for the AEC industry.
- Build and maintain relationships with key vendor senior technical & product contacts.
- Work closely with the Professional Services team. Build strong and balanced relationships with commercial, application specialist and consultancy teams to ensure all products have had input from experienced and knowledgeable team members and to ensure detailed and customer-outcome-focused adoption and expansion plans are in place.
- Work with the IT Solutions, CAFM and DMS business unit heads to provide technical advice and guidance to the development of their portfolios and ensure there is an appropriate mix and connection of technology across the whole Excitech portfolio and the AEC value stream.
- Challenge to break down internal silos for successful customer outcomes.
- Need to love technology and its successful adoption with customers
- Educated to degree level within a technical or business field
- In-depth knowledge of the technologies and workflows that underpin the AEC industry
- Commercially creative and experienced
- Has held senior Product Management or Technical Roles within the AEC industry
- Proven experience managing product P&Ls and driving growth
- Evidence of providing thought leadership – both through speaking engagements and whitepaper creation
- Excellent vendor relationship management skills, and able to work with stakeholders at all levels
- Emotionally intelligent relationship builder able to communicate and influence internally and externally
Must be willing to travel to meetings with Autodesk and other vendors, customers, and occasional overseas travel to partner conferences.