Reports to: Principal Consultant
Excitech is the UK’s largest supplier of Autodesk products to the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industries. We provide technology, solutions and services supporting the complete project lifecycle from design, through construction to building handover and maintenance. Our focus is on delivering value to our customers in terms of efficient processes, innovative solutions and evaluating where our clients need to be in the future.
Our services include consultancy, training and support and we offer a comprehensive range of IT, Document Management and Facilities Management Solutions.
The Purpose of Role:
The role involves high level technical consultancy, implementation, training and support of the company’s document management solutions (DMS) and services. These solutions include BlueCielo Meridian and M-Files as well as Autodesk solutions. The role requires deep technical knowledge of certain key products and services which may be nominated by the Head of Document Management Solutions from time to time. As well as working with external clients, the role necessitates working with internal contacts in order to deliver solutions based around best practice within the AEC industry.
The main objective of the role is to provide high level DMS technical expertise, consultancy and implementation services to new and existing clients. As such the role is customer facing and you will be required to meet with customers to gather their requirements and record them in a formal User Requirements Specification (URS) and then translate that into a written and formal Functional Design Specification (FDS) before configuring the product or service to meet the customer’s specification and providing training and hand-holding as requested.
Duties & Responsibilities:
To develop, promote and deliver the range of high level professional technical consultancy services that are provided by Excitech’s Document Management Solutions department related to the nominated products and services. Specifically:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Providing high level pre-sales and post-sales technical consultancy to enable and encourage the adoption of the nominated application(s)
- Working with other teams and staff members to develop implementation strategies and processes for the adoption of the nominated application(s) within live project scenarios
- Investigating and assessing the technical functionality of high level, industry specific software applications. This may involve liaising with the manufacturer
- Assessing the appropriateness of the nominated applications for the industries that they are targeted at.
- Providing pre-sales technical consultancy such as live demonstrations, recorded presentations, white papers and marketing content to assist with the promotion and sales of the nominated application(s)
- Configuration and functional requirements of our own DOCS product which is based on M-Files
- Consulting with customers and authoring of URS and FDS documents
- You will need to be a good judge of how long implementation tasks will take and will continually improve your estimating skills
- Maintaining your knowledge of the DMS, CAD and BIM tools that Excitech offer to customers
- Maintaining an up-to-date understanding of working practices that impact the AEC industry such as PAS:1192
- Creation of user documentation and user training videos
- Installation and configuration of systems at customer sites where required
- Provision of 3rd-line technical support and escalated customer support requests logged by the support department
- Any other activities that may be deemed necessary from time to time to ensure the future effectiveness and profitability of the Data Management Department from a technical aspect
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing. You will be polite, willing to listen and courteous
- You will have an open and friendly demeanour with both staff and customers and be able to maintain it when you are stressed or unable to help
- Excellent time management and able to work effectively as part of a team or independently
- Able to express your views and disagreement and still be friends
- Organised and able to prioritise for the best outcome
- Responsible and professional attitude with a strong ownership of your work and attention to detail
- Reliable and consistent
- Proactive, outgoing and confident
- Ability to learn quickly and keen to learn
- Keen to help and quick to ask for help when needed
- High level technical knowledge and experience of DMS within the Computer Aided Design working environments used in the AEC industry.
- Good knowledge and experience of industry processes that impact on the implementation of nominated products and services
- Basic knowledge of sales and business processes
- Ability to work confidently in a customer facing pre-sales environment
- Ability to impart technical and product knowledge to colleagues and customer prospects at both a basic and high level
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Database experience with one or more of the following MS SQL, SQL Express, MS Access
- Experience in data migration and data processing
- Confident in use of MS Office applications including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience of implementing document management systems such as: M-Files, BlueCielo Meridian and Autodesk solutions
- An understanding of AEC processes and terminology
- Experience in developing applications inside and/or with AutoCAD and Revit
- Experience in delivering technical customer support
What Excitech will offer:
- Previous employment in same or similar role
- Car driver (must hold a valid UK driving licence)
- It is anticipated that most customer visits will be in London and the South East, however travel to other parts of the UK will be required and some overseas travel may be necessary too. We are consequently seeking someone who is based near London.
- Competitive salary, generous car allowance, holidays